I have had tons of requests for this post, so I really hope you like it and find it helpful. I know this post is a little long but I really tried not to leave too many things out. There are bottles and binkys and stuff like that, but honestly that will more depend on what the baby likes when he comes. Hanes wasn't a huge binky boy so we will see how baby boy #2 is with that. I tried to put things I loved from when Hanes was a baby and new things that I have found that I can't wait to use. In my opinion, here are some major baby essentials....
p.s. Make sure to not miss the details below on the Stokke Xplory/Nuna Pipa limited time offer!
1. Stokke Xplory: Okay, so as you all already know I am crazy about strollers right now. My latest obsession has been the Stokke Xplory. I am loving the height of this stroller because it makes it so that I can talk and interact with little dude sitting in it, while strolling him around. A huge deal for me was getting a stroller that had the riding board for Hanes as well, because I knew he would think it's the coolest thing ever when the baby comes. I don't want Hanes to feel kicked out, but I do want him to feel like the big brother and I think this is the solution. I am also going to let you in on a big deal that you won't want to miss that combines the Stokke Xplory and Nuna Pipa together so read on just a little.....you won't want to miss it because deals for these products rarely come around as most of you probably know!
2. Nuna Pipa: Now with Hanes I always thought that a car seat was just a car seat, but I am now seeing I was mistaken. I knew I would want two car seats this time from how many times we switch our seat from car to car. I know that sounds silly but it happens on a daily basis and I get so sick of changing the car seat from one car to the other. For how often we switch it, having two seats, one for each car seemed like the best way to go. The car seat I am now hooked on the for my car is the Nuna Pipa. My favorite part about this car seat would have to be the top cover that drapes across the whole car seat. This is such a huge deal for me, especially when it's the early months after the babe is born and you don't want people breathing all over your newborn baby, and you want a little extra protection. Sometimes with my brand new baby, I can be a little bit of a germ freak.
Stokke Xplory & Nuna Pipa Limited Time Offer
The best part of this post is that the Stokke and Nuna are partnering right now for a limited time offer! Everyone that purchases a Stokke Xplory and Nuna Pipa together from Brixy retailers will receive complimentary Maxi Cosi car seat adaptors that fit the Nuna Pipa, in addition to a carry cot, valued over $300! Like I said before, deals for these products are hard to find so if these are on your wishlist or baby essentials list, I would hit it up before it expires which is on May 31st. Sorry I was a little delayed in telling you about the deal, but the second I heard about I began working on this post. You can get the deal HERE on albeebaby.com. I couldn't figure out how to get the deal to work at first, but you just have to add the xplory, pipa, carry cot and adaptor to your cart and then the $300 discount will show up when you go to checkout.
3. Stokke Xplory Stroller Rider: I talked about this above, but I am thinking this will be a perfect solution for when the baby comes. I still want to get a double stroller because I think I will totally want and need that, but I think the riding board will be perfect for easy trips with Hanes and the baby. I'm hoping it will make him feel like the big brother and he will think it's super cool and fun to ride on.
4. Aden + Anais: Everything from Aden + Anais is spot on. I used the swaddles almost every day when Hanes was a baby and I knew I had to have them for baby #2. I tried a ton of different blankets but I always seemed to go back to my Aden + Anais blankets. This time around I figured I would get a few other pieces to try from them as well since I loved the swaddles so much. After feeling and seeing the burp cloths, bibs, and little essential things you always need, I was sold. I do have to say that the Aden + Anais piece that I am most excited for this time around is the dream blanket that I got. It will be the blanky that he will use every night in his crib to sleep, even when he is toddler. It is the coziest "blanky" ever and I'm actually a little jealous I don't have one of my own.
5. Freshly Picked Moccs: I am a lover of Freshly Picked moccs. Hanes wore them when he was tiny and still does today. I feel like they are the best solution for those teeny, tiny feet that you just want to keep comfortable. Every pair I have ever had has held up so well and I will be passing them down to the baby. I think it's completely worth splurging on a pair for them, especially when they are little and should be wearing the soft sole shoes.
6. Sleep Sheep: Hanes had a sleep sheep from day one and he loves it. We turn it on at nap time and at night, and I feel like it helps sooth him to sleep. I don't think Hanes will give the baby his sheep, so it looks like we will be investing in another sleep sheep.
7. Smart Baby Monitor: I knew this would be an item I wanted to splurge on this time around. I wanted a video monitor and I had heard you could get one that connects with your iphone, ipad, etc. Hearing this, I was hooked. I have already been using it to watch Hanes and I can't wait to use it with the baby. I think it will help me sleep better at night, knowing that I can always watch him. Oh and probably my favorite part about it is that my husband can watch the monitor even when he is in another state traveling for work. He will even talk to Hanes at night when he goes to bed, it's the coolest thing ever. There are a bunch of other options here, it's just whatever you prefer.
8. Diaper Bag: Okay, now I know many of you are going to think I'm a little ridiculous and I have to agree with you.....but I think I may do a major splurge on a diaper bag this time around. I have been debating this for quite some time, but I think I'm ready to pull the trigger. My husband told me to get one for Mother's Day and I still haven't done it, so I think it's about time. Here's the thing, I want to have two different diaper bags this time, that have two distinct looks. I want to feel like I am carrying around a purse and not just a diaper bag. I still want to be cute and fashionable but obviously the bag needs to be practical and have the features of an actual diaper bag like I need. I got the perfect black diaper bag (which we all need) from Mia Bossi and I am already using it as a purse I love it so much! It has all the diaper bag aspects that I totally need while still looking totally chic.
So now I am thinking I am ready to pull the trigger on the diaper bag I have had my eyes on for months, and that would be the Burberry diaper bag. I know, I know, you're probably all thinking I'm crazy, but I have always wanted a Burberry bag and I keep thinking why would I not get this diaper bag?! It looks like a tote purse and has all the pockets just like I would want. It's a bag that I could use when the baby is older just like I always need to use now with Hanes. He still needs treats, wipes, sippy cups, and whatever else everyday, and I think this is the perfect bag for that. This is one of those things that I know is a little silly but I may just get the guts to finally pull the trigger on it.....we will see?
9. Stuffed Animals: I am a little obsessed with stuffed animals and I die over the
Hazel Village and Blabla Kids dolls. Hanes is the type that always has to bring a little friend everywhere and I'm wondering if the baby will be the same way. I am working on getting a cute little collection for the baby's room for him to have and these are the first places I go to.
10. PaigeLauren: When I think of baby attire I think of cozy basics. PaigeLauren makes the softest, sweetest little pieces that I just want to cuddle all day. When I was pregnant with Hanes I remember buying little tiny jeans, button-up shirts, and things like that. This time around I am all about the soft little pieces that make them look like the tiny baby they are.
11. Bloom Fresco Highchair: Most of you probably already saw me drooling over this on instagram so I had to add it to my essentials list. I'm a little worried when the baby comes because Hanes thinks it's his batman chair and he's pretty possessive, but we will find a way to talk him into sharing. Right now I have it set up for Hanes, but when the baby comes I will switch it around because I think it will be so nice to be able to lay the baby in it, while I'm cooking and doing things in the kitchen. Then, of course when he's old enough we can use the eating tray and have him sit up.
Labels: baby essentials, babyvb